Friday, June 29, 2007

I want to put this on my wall


http://www.charitywines.com/

It isn't really fair to call this art, but I want to frame it and put it on my wall because it makes me smile. (Though I suppose I could be Dadaist about it and decide it's art because I say it is.) I'm not really a wine person, but this ad makes me want to drink wine. I especially love Manny's expression. He's like a little kid saying, "look, Mom! Grapes!" Plus he's basically wearing a zoot suit. If there were speech bubbles, I think this is what they'd all be saying:

Wake: "Dear Sears Catalog: My knuckler is not fluttering as of late, and my team gives me no run support. Please accept this photo along with my application for a position as a men's wear model pending my imminent retirement."

Schill: "I feel out of place here. Booze is evil. I'm a Christian and an upstanding citizen, and yet I'm standing in between these two smartasses pitching $12 bottles of wine instead of 90-mph splitters.
This is so painful it feels like I'm having my tendon sewn to my ankle."

Manny: "Buy my wine, man. It's great, man. People jus' love me so much, man, they wanna drink my wine, man. Manny Being Manny and all that, good times, man. Yeah."

In other news, my space bar is sticking, so posts may be fewer and shorter for a while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.